Position: PR/Communications Consultant
Full time or part time: Part time (with possibility to expand)
Salary: Negotiable, with respect to the Liberties salary table
Location: Brussels, Belgium (or Berlin, Germany)
Start date: April 2020, negotiable
Application deadline: 15th of March, 2020
The Civil Liberties Union for Europe (www.liberties.eu
) is a Berlin-based NGO founded in 2017. We work to promote fundamental rights across the European Union, from national-level issues to EU-level advocacy work in Brussels. We also serve as an umbrella organization for a network of 18 leading national-level NGOs in order to assist their work at home and their advocacy presence in Brussels. In addition to our headquarters in Berlin, we have an office in Brussels.
Liberties is looking for a Communications/PR Consultant to join its communications team. While the ideal candidate would be able to be based in Brussels or Berlin, it is possible to fulfill most responsibilities of this role remotely. PR/Communications Consultant Responsibilities
- Direct management of EU-level press, Belgium-based EU correspondents, as well as Belgian media outlets (local and national) for proactive and reactive public relations efforts.
- Maintenance and utilization of existing ties to EU-level media outlets, as well as cultivation and maintenance positive relationships with relevant media organizations, including print, online and broadcast.
- Proactive identification of media opportunities and management of reactive opportunities for Liberties.
- Writing, editing and proofreading of a variety of formats for the website and other outlets (e.g., articles and other media materials, research summaries, messaging, speeches, etc.).
- Supporting development of social media monitoring, content and community management.
- Execution of communication campaigns, cooperation with existing members and partners, as well as campaign coordination with key players.
- Research and attendance of events organized by the media, NGOs, think tanks and/or relevant institutions as a representative of Liberties.
- Networking and identification of potential partners contributing to the visibility and programmatic work of Liberties.
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently, as well as manage multiple projects simultaneously and stay up to speed on trends; candidates with project management experience a plus.
- Comfortable with taking initiative and expanding on creative concepts with the team.
- Able to concisely convey complex concepts in a decipherable manner.
- Social media aficionado.
- Master of MS Office suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Native English level speaker, fluency in other EU languages is desired but not mandatory.
Education and experience
This is a senior position; the PR/Communications Consultant will be a senior member of our Communications team. We are looking for someone who has at least 5 years’ experience in the field of communication. Having formal education from relevant fields helps (please only apply if you have at least a bachelor’s degree), but we are more interested in your work experience than in your degree.
Ideally, you are someone who has spent time with NGOs or are familiar with their work. You don’t need to be a human rights person – although we would be happy if you could present some experience with this field – but you need to be committed to our topics. Skills
English is our working language, so we need someone who has excellent written and spoken English. We would prefer you to be capable of communicating in another European language(s) as well, although this is not required for the position.
You need to understand and use traditional and social media well, and you need to follow the latest trends in communication. We expect you to be innovative, hardworking, enthusiastic and flexible. You should also be happy working in a multicultural environment, as our member NGOs are coming from different European countries, and our Executive Office is the working space of people coming from all parts of the world. Your oral and written communication skills should be excellent. What we offer
We will offer a competitive salary for the position. We also offer a multicultural team of enthusiastic, innovative, smart and very likable, down-to-earth colleagues to work with. Liberties is a young NGO, and you will be joining our project to create the next big thing in Europe’s human rights movement. How to apply
Please send your CV and a motivation letter explaining your drive and suitability for the job to email@example.com
by the 15th of March.
We expect a high volume of applications, so we won’t be able to contact everyone who isn’t short-listed. Sorry about that.
We look forward to hearing from you!