The Civil Liberties Union for Europe is a Berlin-based NGO founded in 2017. We work to promote fundamental rights across the European Union, from national-level issues to EU-level advocacy work in Brussels. We also serve as an umbrella organization for a network of 18 leading national-level NGOs in order to assist their work at home and their advocacy presence in Brussels. In addition to our headquarters in Berlin, we have an office in Brussels. Our advocacy and awareness-raising campaigns run throughout the year on various digital platforms, addressing issues from populism to privacy, from surveillance to free speech and more.
About the job
We are looking for a Video Editor to join our Communications team. Most videos will be informational/educational videos created from file and stock footage, for release on Liberties’ website and social media channels. The Video Editor will be involved in all aspects of the production process, including analyzing source materials for script writing and footage ideas. Liberties also possesses video equipment, which we may use to film and produce live-action video. Additionally, the Video Editor may be asked to assist the Communications team in producing videos to support the work of Liberties’ members or partners. Your responsibilities would include:
- Scripting, footage sourcing, and editing info/educational videos for Liberties’ channels, including different aspect ratios and lengths to fit channel requirements.
- Assisting in all stages of video production to support ongoing campaigns or other events, possibly including live-action video work.
- Maintaining Liberties’ video archives on internal servers and, where necessary, Liberties’ social media channels (e.g., YouTube, Instagram, Facebook).
- Assisting the communications team in selected projects and campaigns where input on video work is desired.
This job is based on a part-time contract of 10 hours per week. It includes competitive remuneration and benefits. The successful applicant will be asked to begin as soon as possible. Work will be done remotely, with possibility to work at our office.
Your background, qualifications and competences
- Eligibility to work with a Berlin-based organisation within office hours
- Eligibility to contract a German NGO as a freelancer (or as a "mini-job")
- Experience in producing media-ready videos, including:
- Research/footage sourcing
- Editing with Adobe software (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.)
- Experience filming live-action video on a DSLR camera.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team, most often with the Head of Video Advocacy and Communications team, to produce videos to support Liberties’ work and campaigns.
- Fluency in English; knowledge of German and other EU languages is a plus.
What we offer
We offer a chance to join a small but dedicated team working to promote human rights and democracy in Europe. You would be a part of a multicultural team of enthusiastic, innovative, smart and down-to-earth colleagues.
We can offer for the selected candidate a freelancer fee of gross 650- 700 Euros per month (or a mini-job salary of net 450 Euros) for 10 hours / week work (ca. 10 minutes of edited and subtitled videos in total per month).
How to apply
Please send your CV, motivation letter and any samples of your work to email@example.com by 10 December 2021.
Please note, only short-listed applicants will receive a response.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Liberties is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.